Sunday 11 April 2010

Let's Hear It For The Girls


There's a new trailer out for the second Sex And The City film. SCREEEEEEEAMMMMMM!

I was never devoutly into SATC at first, alternating between wanting to be Carrie Bradshaw, cringing at some of the things she says (see 1:21 mins into the trailer for a prime example), and choking "what the hell is she wearing?".

Yes, it's a bit cheesy / unrealistic but those outfits, the shoes, the romance, the friendships, the lunchtime chats, it's just so uber girlie that I don't see how you can resist getting sucked in eventually.

I went to see the first film and spent most of it bawling my eyes out. I couldn't really care less about the whole "Carrie and Big" saga, I've never seen the attraction myself, but it's the way they portray the friendship between the four girls that really tugs at my heartstrings.

When the soulmates have ditched us, the one night stands have disappeared into the early morning mist, we're having a nightmare at work or needed someone to hold back our hair whilst we've got our heads down the toilet after too many shots, our girlfriends are always there to reassure us that everything's going to be ok.

So when I hear all the rumours that SJP and Kim Cattrall can't actually stand each other, a little piece of me dies inside. Can it really be true? I know they are acting but those two in particular seem so genuine on screen that I don't want to believe it's just that, an act.

Click here for the new trailer and tell me what you think...

No comments:

Post a Comment