Saturday 31 July 2010

3 Year Old Oversleeps

You might ask what I'm doing up this early on a Saturday morning. Indeed, I asked myself a similar question when my alarm went off.

I got up at 8am to prepare for the arrival of my nephew, Squiffy, as me and Mr G are taking him out for the day... We're going to the Aquarium. I'm really looking forward to it because I've been once but it was years ago, so it should be fun.

Around half 8, when I had got myself ready and started my attempts to "toddler-proof" the house (last time he was here, he poured nail varnish all over my living room), my sister text me as planned to let me know they were on their way. I read the text. They were not on their way. My nephew was still asleep!

Something's not right here. How can I be more excited than a three year old?!

Actually, he went to the aquarium with his pre-school a couple of weeks ago and by all accounts he had a massive wobbler over a big shark display right near the entrance and his Dad had to take him home shortly after arriving...

Fingers crossed there won't be a repeat performance today! Rest assured, there'll be a story out of it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment