Monday 15 November 2010

A Look Back at the Weekend

Did anyone catch the Take That documentary, Look Back Don't Stare, over the weekend?
I was never their biggest fan but since their renaissance, and mainly because Mr G appears to be obsessed with them so there's no avoiding it, I have followed their progress.

I'm not going to lie, I shed a couple of tears watching the programme. Call me soft (you certainly won't be the first) but regardless of the level of significance you place on a boy band healing old wounds and getting back together, I thought there was something genuinely touching about the way they seemed to have all learned to support one another and respect their differences. An example of this can be seen in the lengthy clip below, where they disagree over song lyrics and eventually all listen as each member other puts across their position. I couldn't help but think the world would be a more harmonius (nice wordplay) place if more people learned to resolve their issues in the same way, and I really believe that. Of course this all backs up my earlier theory that Gary Barlow should stage some sort of coup and sort out the shambles that is this country from behind his old Joanna.



Fast Forward to Sunday night and after compiling a comprehensive list of components for any future boy band performances in which I may be involved (Podium, pyrotechnics, key change, finger to earpiece during the high notes) I was excited to see the big reunion that my generation had been waiting for but never thought we would see... After 15 years apart... finally... Take That appear on stage with Robbie Williams...

Um. *whispers* Was. That. It?

I really want to hear your thoughts on this, most people seemed so distracted by the fact that it was happening to notice that after the performance it all looked a little bit awkward. Yes, there were all the matey glares and smiles during the song, and Robbie had a bit of a wobble at the beginning, but when the singing stopped, I couldn't help but wonder if they'd fallen out already.

(For some reason I can't post the video but you can click here to watch it).

Comments, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment