Monday 6 December 2010

Lock Your Diors!

Ahhhhh Christmas. A time of giving, merriment and general excitement... Oh yes, and of course another influx of pretentious, pseudo-arty perfume adverts which, you may remember from last year's rant, I detest.

Usually following one of two formats - celebrity movie short (black & white or sepia tone optional) with patronising life motto (yes, I am talking to you Scarlett Johansson, Keira Knightley, Charlize Theron) or inexplicably bendy supermodel with patronising life motto, if you don't know what I'm talking about just wait for the next ad break during whatever programme you're watching and I guarantee there will be at least one example before you've had chance to make yourself a brew.

Anyway, this year we are being subjected to the absolute epitome of hideous fragrance advert. The fragrance advert, I can only hope, to end all fragrance adverts.

Directed by actual film director Guy Ritchie, this offering by Dior Homme stars Jude Law as what appears to me to be some kind of..... sexual predator?



You're alright Dior, we'll stick to Old Spice, ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment