Monday 20 July 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

(Written on Thursday 16th July)
Well, it finally happened.
Someone was kind/crazy enough to offer me a job!
It was the one I had been waiting to hear about that I really wanted, so I could not contain my excitement as I screamed my acceptance down the phone.
Starting on Monday, I will be a Student Support Coordinator. I'm going to be responsible for coordinating assistance for university students with disabilities. It's a completely new post so I don't have to worry about filling anyone's shoes and I cannot wait to get started!
I phoned Mr G as soon as I heard, and following a classic 8-way-missed-call-athon I finally spoke to him and almost cried when I told him, I was so happy. Usually a man of few words, Mr G could probably be heard shouting "WELL DONE LOVE! I'M SO PLEASED FOR YOU!!" from the ground floor of his work.
It could not have come at a better time as not only are we totally skint (not sure if I've mentioned that?) but it is also my birthday tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray, well done working girl. Looking forward to reading more about it.
    Cheerio
    JY

    ReplyDelete