Sunday 16 August 2009

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

It's been a while since I last updated the blog as I've been fairly busy (more on that later) but I am determined to prove Mr G wrong... The blog is NOT going to retire to the Hobby Box just yet.
I've been saving up lots of material - it's hard not to when you're a drama queen - and was going to keep some back till later in the week but about 2 hours ago I boasted to Mr G that I was going to tidy the living room today (has not seen the Hoover since the last time I tidied it, approx 6 months ago. Don't judge me!). So far, I have successfully managed to design 10 different wedding thank you cards, and have only just started writing so by the time I finish that I'll probably require a small nap before I can even consider starting the tidying. It's all about being in the right frame of mind.
I know it's time to do it when someone calls round unexpectedly and I talk to them on the doorstep instead of inviting them inside.
My friend Sambo has a 1 year old child, AND the tidiest house I've ever seen in my life. Every time I go to visit her, she apologises and asks me to "Excuse the mess".
Every time she comes to visit me, I apologise and ask her to "excuse the mess" as I'm moving piles of paperwork, half finished (but long forgotten) projects and discarded snooze blankets just to make space for her to sit down, whilst out the corner of my eye watching her son curiously inspect a handful of 6 month old fluff from under the coffee table.
"Oh my GOD, why didn't you tell me you'd been burgled!?" she'll exclaim one day, realising as she says it that the TV and laptop are still just about visible beneath the heaps of junk.

No comments:

Post a Comment