Sunday 16 August 2009

Turf's Up

One of the things I've been doing instead of writing the blog is finally working on my garden.

This is the third summer we've been in the house, and every year I have made a half-arsed attempt to dig it over and do something with it, only to retire the project to the Hobby Box the following weekend, allowing the weeds to grow wild for another 11.5 months before giving it another go.



It was like going on safari for our poor little dog LouLou every time she wanted to pop out for a wee, so I knew something had to be done.



A chance meeting with one of my old colleagues in B&Q remotivated me to get on with it when she informed me that turf only costs about £2 a roll and I realised I could transform the garden for a reasonably low cost.



So last weekend me and Mr G cancelled all other plans, donned our wellies (and some questionable outfits on my part) and pretended we were members of the Ground Force team until we could handle it no longer and got my parents to come and help us.



8 trips to the tip, several blisters and a 4 person, 45 minute wrangle with a Fuscia later, we now have a lawn. There's still loads to be done but really I just wanted an excuse to upload the photos of my truly astonishing choice of apparel, so here you go...

No comments:

Post a Comment