Tuesday 29 December 2009

All You Need is Love... And a Good Photographer

Although at times it feels like this year has been one big disaster after another, they have been punctuated by some truly glorious times. One such day being my wedding to the lovely (although about to return home from work VERY grumpy thanks to an unexpected Sunday Service bus timetable) Mr G.

Not only did it seem like it had rained every day since Christmas, but the run-up to the wedding was pretty stressful, not least because I found out a month before that my employer was entering into a consultation period for redundancies, due to end on the day itself.

Thankfully the sun came out just in time and we were able to spend a beautiful summer's day outside eating cream teas, dancing on the lawn and enjoying having all our friends and family together.

One of the most exciting things for me and Mr G was our choice of photographer, who had been recommended to us by a friend and had knocked anyone else out of the running from the first time I saw his work. I have spent many an hour being transported to various different weddings via his blog, feeling as if I was part of the proceedings thanks to his natural, unposed shots that tell the story of each day.

I have just noticed that he's put together a slide show featuring some of his favourite pictures from 2009, and thought I would add a link for anyone who would like an antidote to the doom and gloom that we seem to be immersed in at present. Enjoy:

http://www.dpphotographyblog.co.uk/2009/12/29/best-of-2009

1 comment:

  1. Probably slightly biased, but I like this post, love this slideshow... oh & I like your blog too - makes great reading!

    ReplyDelete