Sunday 20 December 2009

Merry Christmas One And All!

Just a quick note to wish you a very merry Christmas and a healthy, prosperous New Year.

The whole blog thing has been a little bit surreal if I'm being honest. It started as a bit of fun and has gained quite some momentum over a relatively short space of time. It's difficult to tell as I only have limited access to the stats but I am always surprised when I do hear how many hits the page has had, or when someone takes the time to write a comment about something I've written. It's really weird to think that there are some people reading this who are not even doing it out of duty because they know me.

I really enjoy writing, and I do it for myself. I like playing around with words, linking little stories together, dissecting social issues, ranting... Those people who know me will tell you that how I write is pretty much exactly how I talk. Yes, I do talk that much, and yes, I really do moan that much.

Most of what I write is just silly twittering and it's only my opinion. It doesn't mean my opinion is right or wrong (except for the fact that most of the time, I am right of course). It's not supposed to be too political or serious, it's just how I'm feeling at the time. 5 minutes later, I'll probably be disagreeing with myself again.

To think that even one person out there might read some of my random yabbering and laugh, or better still, come back and read more or tell their friends is really amazing. So these are genuine thanks to anyone reading this, I don't know how many of you there are, but thanks.

Wow, all we need now is for Kanye West to burst onto the stage and declare that Beyonce deserved to win, and we'll have a proper awards ceremony.

Have a wonderful christmas, and in the words of my good friend Handsome Pete,

"I'm off to eat enough turkey to kill a lesser (wo)man"...

1 comment:

  1. Just thought that I would mention that although I wasn't here when this all started, I do now read this regularly. I do know you but I read this not because I feel compelled but because I love the style of writing and it makes me laugh!

    Merry Christmas to you and Mr G!

    ReplyDelete