Saturday 20 March 2010

Two Worlds Collide

I have just come back from an evening at the theatre with Mr G and my rents. How very civilised.
We went to see Lord Arthur Savile's Murder at Plymouth Theatre Royal, starring some chick out of Dynasty who has either had a stoke or too much botox, Gary Wilmot and the guy out of that TV show who married Denise Van Outen.
It's an Oscar Wilde story about a man who gets told by a fortune teller that he's going to murder someone, so sets about trying to decide who would be the best possible candidate and then fails miserably at his attempts to bump them off.
When it first started I thought I wasn't going to enjoy it because it seemed a bit "Am Dram" for my liking, but once I got into it I really enjoyed it. It was very funny in places and it was nice to do something different for a change. Plus I ate a whole bag of Mint Aero Bubbles and an ice cream in the interval.

Anyway, that's my not-so high brow review of the performance but on to other news...

As we were waiting to go to our seats we had a look at some of the forthcoming shows being advertised and to my sheer joy, spotted a leaflet for one of my all-time favourite things: COLUMBO. And since Peter Falk is in a nursing home, who else could possibly play the laid-back Lieutenant??????

DIRK BENEDICT of course! Yes, The FACE MAN from the A-TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not since Kylie & Jason has there been such a perfect pairing. I honestly feel like I've just woken up on Christmas morning, it's one of the most exciting things that's happened this year. Who's with me?!


Anyone???

No comments:

Post a Comment