Monday 5 July 2010

I Love it when a Plan Comes Together

First it was off, then it looked light it might be on, now it looks like there's about a 50/50 chance of it happening...

I am waiting for official confirmation that it is going ahead so I am a little anxious about saying anything but I can't hold it in any more. Plus, if I write about it then perhaps those concerned will feel really guilty if they try to let me down...

Regular readers will know how much I love my murder mysteries, and if you recall, I got rather excited when I went to the Theatre Royal recently to watch some play and in the foyer saw a poster advertising a production of Columbo. Me and Mr G were beside ourselves with glee when we discovered that none other than Mr Templeton Peck AKA "The Face" out of the A Team, AKA Dirk Benedict was playing the lead role.

It's my birthday next week and I think I've made it abundantly clear that I want a family outing to this show as a present... 

Anyway, one afternoon whilst I was idly wondering whether anyone had taken the minefield-like hints I had been dropping about what I wanted for my birthday and thinking how cross I would be if nobody had secured any tickets, I got to thinking how cool it would be since I do love the old mystery dramas to go and meet Columbo Dirk and interview him for my blog....

So with the help of my good friend Google, I contacted the production company, who informed me that I had missed the boat. 
Unfortunately, I had got the plan in my head by this point and as my long-suffering parents will confirm, once I've got an idea in my head there's no stopping me... I'm referring to the time I told M&D I was getting a telephone for my bedroom at the age of 15. They said no, I went and bought one and promptly spent 2 hours every night on the phone to all my friends I had just spent all day with at school... Or the time I told my parents I was going on holiday with my boyfriend at the age of 16... Or the time my Dad took me to look at my first car and told me not to fall in love with it as it was probably an old knacker. £180 later we were driving home in a bright yellow mini.

Anyway, the point I am making is I've got the scent now and, not that anyone from Camp Benedict should be alarmed, but this is happening.

So I thought a bit harder about how I could bring Operation Columbo to fruition and with the help of Neil, Web Editor extraordinaire at the Herald, (who in my mind, collectively still owe me for outing me as a complete nutter to the entire city back in January) some calls were made and we are now waiting to hear if when it is going ahead.

Watch this space!!!


Just one more thing...
Columbo is at Plymouth Theatre Royal from 12th - 16th July and there are some tickets still available.

2 comments:

  1. Well you will be dissapointed with my birthday present then! Anyway ur birthday is not till the day after it finishes?! Fiver x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made a rookie error there, sister, in telling me you've got me a crap present when your birthday is before mine!!! Ha ha ha.
    Love you x

    ReplyDelete