Sunday 5 July 2009

Some Good News....???

Two pieces of news: One is definitely good, the other, I may have misunderstood.

1) I emailed the editor of thisisplymouth to see how many hits the blog has had since going live on their website. Here is his response...

The figures look good, 1,700 page views in nine days – which is a really great start. We’re working on a redesign of a page in The Herald which will allow us to run some of the blog content in print – I’ll keep you informed.

Yes, that is correct, 1,700 page views in 9 days!!!
I celebrated by buying a pair of shoes in the sale, which was silly really as I don't earn any money from the blog and am now down to my last £100 (details on that to follow) but for the brief moment until I remembered that fact, I was very happy! And I do have a cool pair of shoes (which I bartered an extra 10% discount on as well as the sale price).

Thank you for your support, I was totally shocked at the statistics. I can't even claim that the majority of those hits originated from my computer, so that's even more impressive!

2) I THINK I have a job interview tomorrow. I'm not entirely sure.

I was visiting my friend Jed on Friday when I realised I had a voice message. There was no point asking her how to retrieve it as she doesn't even own a mobile so after about 10 minutes of pressing the touch screen with an agressive shaking motion and shouting various instructions at the iPhone, it started dialling my voicemail and I had this message:
"Hello! This is Debbie calling with reference to the Student Support Coordinator application you sent us. I wonder if you could call me back please?"

I called back and spoke to another lady, who said Debbie wanted to "meet with me" on Monday to discuss the position. During the conversation that followed, it dawned on me that I don't actually remember anything about the job because I have applied for so many! But I thought it would sound incredibly unprofessional were I to ask for this information, so excitedly said my goodbyes and ended the call.

"Good news?" asked Jed.

"Ummmm, if you're having a meeting with someone about a job, is that a job interview?"

"I'm not sure!"

We pondered upon this for a moment and decided that yes, it could be classed as an interview of sorts.

"What job is it for?" asked Jed.

"Ummmmm, I can't actually remember."

"Ah." Was her response.

I have not spent years studiously viewing murder mystery programmes to let myself be beaten by such a minor setback.

Back home, armed with just a laptop and a wifi connection, I set about uncovering clues in a fashion that would have made even the great Hercule Poirot nervous.

Here's what I have found out:

Job: Still a bit hazy on the details but like what I've learned about the organisation.
Company: Reputable (phew), helping provide IT assistance to people with learning difficulties.
Salary: Unknown (Note to self: try not to let on too early that will work for anything paying more than £64 a week)
Address: Choice of 2. So a 50/50 chance of getting it right. I've gone with "Head Office". The iPhone has very kindly loaded up driving directions for me.

So far, so good. Now all I need to do is decide what to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment